The goal of the Stewardship of Natural Amenities Committee (SNAC) is to enable SMILE to effectively address issues and opportunities involving natural amenities within and adjacent to our neighborhood.
Sellwood-Moreland has an abundance of natural resources and opportunities to enjoy nature. Over the years several formal and informal ad-hoc SMILE committees have formed to preserve and enhance these amenities, including Friends of Oaks Bottom, the Springwater Corridor Committee, the Golf Junction Park Committee, the Crystal Springs Collaborative, and the Tree Inventory Committee. Interest has waxed and waned over time and some of the groups have become dormant. SNAC strives to attract a dedicated group of neighborhood residents who pay attention to the topics that inspired these committees in the first place, and to address new issues and opportunities as they arise.
GET INVOLVED – LEARN MORE
SNAC meets on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. at the SMILE Station (SE 13th and Tenino). Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Subscribe to SNAC Google Group . You will receive information on upcoming neighborhood happenings, SNAC meetings, working group activities and other volunteer opportunities.
Contact the SNAC Committee Chair.
SNAC MEETING MINUTES AND NOTES
- The Sellwood Gap Project A community-driven project to improve wildlife habitat along the Springwater Corridor Trail.
- Oaks Bottom Overlook Project Meet your new pocket park and Backyard Habitat Demonstration Project!
- Coyote Awareness Project Promoting coexistence between the people, pets and wildlife that call this neighborhood home.
- Duck…duck…goose! Tag: You’re it! How you can help stop people from the feeding of waterfowl at Westmoreland Park.
USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES
Landscaping and Gardening
- Backyard Habitat
- Friends of Trees
- Gardening articles from METRO
- Naturescaping information and classes
- Get your gardening questions answered by OSU Extension Service
- Plant list
- Parks, classes and more at Portland Parks & Recreation
- Street trees, heritage trees, permits, etc.
- Oaks Bottom
- Everything recycling