SMILE Board elections will be held August 5th and 6th. There are four one year officer positions (president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer) and four at-large board positions (two years) on the ballot.
Are you new to the neighborhood? A life-long resident? A renter? A landlord? Whatever brought you to our wonderful neighborhood, we need your point of view. So why not throw your hat in the ring?
Curious? Spend a few minutes on the website to see what SMILE has been up to. Still unsure? Contact Kevin Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Priyesh Krishnan at email@example.com. They’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Ready to jump in? Prepare a brief Candidate Statement (500 words or less), using the following format:
- Name and contact information.
- Are you eligible to become a SMILE Board member? Y/N (SMILE by-laws require candidates must live, work, own property or a business, or work in Sellwood-Moreland)
- What experience do you bring with you?
- What are your thoughts about the neighborhood?
- Why we should vote for you?
Email your Candidate Statement by noon on 8/5/20 to: Vikki DeGaa at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procrastinating? As always last minute nominations will be allowed from the floor at the 8/5/20 online SMILE General meeting.