The Land Use Committee is a standing committee of the Sellwood Moreland Improvement League (SMILE) formed to review land use notices, liquor license applications, and in certain cases, file official comments on behalf of SMILE. The committee also organizes SMILE member participation in long term planning efforts which affect the SMILE neighborhood. More details can be found in the Land Use Committee Guidelines.
WHAT DOES THE COMMITTEE DO?
- Reviews and responds to land use notices, such as property owner requests for lot divisions, zoning code adjustments, design reviews, and greenway reviews.
- Hosts contact meetings with developers and neighbors.
- Reviews and responds to liquor license applications
- Receives notification of applications for marijuana medical dispensaries and marijuana business retailers.
- Receives notification of demolition permit applications.Participates in City of Portland’s long term planning process, including the Comprehensive Plan, Mixed Use Zones Project, and Residential Infill Project.
- Informs SMILE members about land use issues and the City zoning code.
- Represents SMILE on the Southeast Uplift Land Use and Transportation committee
GET INVOLVED – LEARN MORE
- Subscribe to the SMILE land use Google Group. You will receive committee meeting agendas and neighborhood land use notices by email.
- Attend a Land Use Committee meeting the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm at the SMILE Station, 8210 SE 13th Ave, corner of 13th & Tenino.
- Email the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
LAND USE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
LUC Minutes January 2, 2019
LUC Minutes October 3, 2018
LUC Minutes August 1, 2018
LUC Minutes July 18, 2018
LUC Minutes June 27, 2018
LUC Minutes June 6, 2018
LUC Minutes May 2, 2018
LUC Minutes April 4, 2018
LUC Meeting Minutes March 7, 2018
LUC Minutes February 7, 2018
LUC Minutes January 3, 2018
LUC Minutes November 1, 2017