Let’s join together to save our community center, which is on the City’s budget chopping block. Now is the time to speak up and speak out!
Write or email the Mayor and City Council members to show your support for the community center.
Sign a Petition
- Sellwood Community Center should NOT be closed
- Sellwood Community Center is a thriving program with waiting lists for preschool, afterschool care, and
- summer camps.
- There are no other affordable recreation options in the neighborhood if Sellwood Community Center closes.
- No other Park Bureau facility can absorb the program from Sellwood Community Center.
- This closure is counterproductive to the 20-minute walkable neighborhood goal that the City is promoting.
- The loss of the Sellwood-Moreland Boys and Girls Club has put increased pressure on Sellwood Community
- Center to provide even more programming for the neighborhood.
- With construction of hundreds of small apartment units, and the resulting 25% increased density in
- Sellwood-Westmoreland, people need places to go to get out of their units and recreate.
- Sellwood Community Center creates community by providing connections between families.
- Safe, indoor spaces are important for all Portlanders, both young and old, especially in this climate, to
- promote physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Sellwood Community Center serves the needs of surrounding neighborhoods.
- This closure is being done with little or no public involvement in the process.
Townhall Budget Forum
Topic: Public testimony by lottery (tickets available starting at 5:30pm)
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: IRCO Main Office – Gym, 10301 NE Glisan Street, Portland, OR 97220
Transit: MAX Red Line, MAX Blue Line, Bus Line 15, Bus Line 19, Bus Line 25
Community Work Session
Topics: Invited testimony and discussion on Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: David Douglas High School – North Cafeteria, 1001 SE 135th Avenue, Portland, OR 97233
Transit: Bus Line 20, Bus Line 2
Note regarding April 9 Community Work Session: Community members are welcome to watch/listen in-person or online at YouTube channel eGov PDX. Please also provide opinions and insight to the City online. There will be no public testimony at this event.
We hope the entire neighborhood will get behind these efforts to save our community center for current and future generations.